Monday, August 15, 2011

Drip Painting with Watercolors

drip paint

What You Need:

An easel or any upright painting space

Watercolors

Dropper (I got mine from Daiso)

Containers for watercolor

Paper

Method:

I showed the boys how to pick up water using the dropper and how to drop the water and they were ready to explore.

drip paint1

I let them choose 4 colors each and was surprised to see that Y chose darker colors while K chose all the bright colors.

20110815_drip paint (8 of 8)

While painting, they used different techniques. Y squeezed the dropper and splatter on the paper while K just drop a little water at a time and used the dropper like a pencil to draw his train and track (according) to him. It’s really interesting how different children explore. They enjoyed this painting session very much and it lasted for 40 mins. K could continue painting but I think Y got jealous when I was taking pictures of K’s painting. So, I had to quickly redirect them to another activity before Y starts throwing the droppers and pouring the paint.

20110815_drip paint (1 of 1)

I thought the artworks produced were frame worthy. Left belongs to Y and right belongs to K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails