Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Open Ended Painting - The Messy Version

20110811_painting-3
My boys love painting and I love to let them paint, with anything and everything. I prefer doing open ended art with them than craft work as I like how different the artwork turns out from them. And there’s no right and wrong or very obvious comparison as to who did a better job. I’m extremely sensitive since they are of the same age and jealousy issue can be a big problem. They are constantly subjected to comparison in school, from strangers, relatives and friends. Who is smarter? Who is more independent? Who eats more?

Anyway, back to the activity, on this day, I was adventurous enough to take out all my paint, possible tools that they can use to paint such as sponge, squeeze bottles, pipe cleaners, pom poms, etc and let them do whatever they want with it. I was feeling the pinch with the amount of paint (esp when it’s Crayola) they used at the end but I guess the freedom of expression that they get to experience should be worth it.

The boys enjoyed themselves but I had a major double meltdown towards the end as the paper gave way.

I still like the whole experience but I will only attempt this again until they (and I) forget how upset they were at the end. Until I find a thicker paper that can withstand their artistic strokes and also cheaper paint.
20110811_painting-2
The boys totally engrossed in their play.
20110811_painting-1

20110811_painting-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails